What is a healthy breakfast?
A breakfast provides about 300 to 400 kcal. What can you eat for breakfast? Recommended are:
- Whole grain bread. By spreading your bread with low-fat margarine or margarine from a tub, you get good fats and vitamins A, D and E. For example, you can invest with 100% peanut butter or another nut butters, 30+ cheese, cottage cheese or dairy spread. Do you have more time or fancy something else? Take slices of boiled egg, pieces of avocado, some slices of tomato, cucumber, or slices of fruit, such as strawberries, apple, or banana.
- low-fat or semi-skimmed dairy, such as a glass of low-fat or semi-skimmed milk or buttermilk with your sandwich.
- low-fat or semi-skimmed dairy with whole grain breakfast cereals such as oatmeal and muesli (oat flakes). You can also choose a muesli with dried fruit or nuts. It is best to choose a variant without added salt and not too much added sugar.
- fruit, for example, slices of banana or apple for your bread, fruit through your yoghurt with muesli or just loose.
Time for breakfast
- Take the time to quietly enjoy your breakfast. If you work your breakfast in at a fast pace you will barely taste what you are eating.
- Set the alarm fifteen minutes earlier if you always fail to have breakfast. If you like to stay in bed as long as possible, make your breakfast the night before and put it in the fridge.
- If you don’t feel like eating a sandwich in the morning, you can also try something else, such as oatmeal or yoghurt with muesli and fruit. You can also shift part of the breakfast to the first meal in between.
- Are you really struggling to eat early in the morning? Then take your breakfast to work. Plan a quiet moment at work to eat your breakfast.
- A good example does a good job. Children also benefit from a good breakfast. Eat in peace with children at the table. To save time, it is useful to set the table at night. Then you only have to take the cooled products from the refrigerator.
Did you enjoy the workout? Want to see more? Consider signing up for our newsletter. You’ll get the daily workout for free in your inbox. Just fill in the form below.
Do you need more training? Try a random workout right now! And if you love our content, share it with others to help this community spread!